Application Support Analyst
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Based from the groups Head Office in Cheltenham, the Business Systems Team are responsible for supporting all Business Applications and Infrastructure across the Commercial divisions.
We currently have a vacancy for an Application Support Analyst within the Business Solutions Team. The key purpose of the role is to support, maintain and develop Commercial’s key Business Applications.
- Maintain internal helpdesk
- Provide first level support on all Business Application issues
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues
- Provide assistance to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology
- Analyse data contained in the corporate databases and identify data integrity issues with existing systems
- Provide backup support to network analyst on infrastructure issues
- Create Monthly Helpdesk Reports
- Participate in weekly Helpdesk review meetings with the Business Systems/Internal IT
- Actively participate in IT Projects
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies
SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- The ideal candidate must have previous experience within an IT Helpdesk
- Proven support experience with critical Business Applications
- Microsoft Office advanced skills/experience
- Natural aptitude for IT software/hardware environments
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritize workload to meet pre-agreed deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Must have excellent attention to detail
-25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
-We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm and 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday (shift to be agreed). However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.