1st Line Engineer
About the Company:
Commercial Group was established in 1991 and has since grown to become the largest independently owned Business Services Group in the UK. Today, comprising of 4 divisions; IT Services, Office Supplies, Interiors and Print, the £60m turnover Company is renowned for delivering superior quality product, service and consultancy to business nationwide.
We are currently embarking on exciting and ambitious growth plans to grow to a turnover of £70m by 2019 so we need talented people to support this growth. We understand that superior performance starts and ends with our people; people with passion who like to make a difference and most importantly love what they do. If you would like to be a part of this exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!
Our IT Services Division designs, implements and supports the IT infrastructures of some of the UK’s top organisations within both the public and private sector. No client has the same needs and our solutions and support packages are tailored to the specific requirements of each client. As a leading IT Solutions provider we keep up to date with the very latest technologies.
Here a Commercial IT Services we pride ourselves on our people and as such offer full training, including Microsoft, VMware and Citrix. We help all of our Engineers to gain industry standard certifications including MCSE, VCP and CCP. We encourage career progression and developing our talent is something we do well!
We currently have a vacancy based from our Head Office in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire for an experienced 1st Line IT Helpdesk Engineer.
As you can see from the specification below this role exceeds the skill level typically expected with 1st line roles at other Companies and is more aligned to a traditional 2nd line role you may find elsewhere.
Applicants are required to have had proven experience of supporting high level project implementations, existing desktop/ server infrastructures and must have experience of working in a busy helpdesk environment. In addition to this exceptional customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential. Fault analysis, management and prioritisation skills are required to ensure all issues are resolved based on criticality for all our customers as well as meeting the contracted SLA.
The position primarily involves supporting and troubleshooting all aspects of Microsoft, Virtual Hypervisors (VMware/ Hyper-V) & Citrix Virtualisation technologies including VDI. The candidate would ideally have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience with the technologies listed below:
• Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
• Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and DAG
• Hypervisor technologies (VMware ESXi / Microsoft Hyper-V)
• Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
• TCP/IP, Routing, VPN and Firewall configuration
• Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam
• Antivirus Software (Symantec Endpoint Protection / Sophos Endpoint Security)
• Virtual server backup technologies (Veeam / vRanger)
It would also be beneficial to have experience of:
• Microsoft Small Business Server 2003, 2008 and 2011
• Microsoft Office 365
• Websense Web and E-mail Security
• Corporate wireless systems
• Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
• Microsoft SCCM, SCVMM and SCOM
• SAN storage technologies
• Managed Print Solution software P-Counter, Equitrac and eCopy
Applicants are required to have had proven experience of supporting high level project implementations, possess exceptional customer service and communication skills, and technical troubleshooting skills.
• Maintain 1st line support tickets correctly and keep the customer updated with progress every day
• Monitor 1st line support ticket queue ensuring incidents are actioned before SLA
• Develop existing customer relationships and build a rapport with new clients
• ‘Be a Team Player’ and take responsibility for flagging high priority calls
• Perform proactive maintenance using our in-house monitoring system
• Occasional requirement to attend remote sites when required
• Document procedures/processes and contribute to the knowledgebase
• Follow IT procedures e.g. ITIL and strictly complying with our policies
• Consult with 2nd line team as required to resolve incidents and develop individual skillset
• Attend departmental meetings as required
-Up to £25,000 per annum basic salary
-Up to £3,000 bonus per annum (paid quarterly upon achievement of KPI’s)
-25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
-We also offer other benefits including a Company contributory pension scheme and a Childcare voucher scheme
37.5 hours per week to be worked between the hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday. However, occasional overtime may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Applicants must be willing to be enhanced DBS checked.